Monday 17 May 2010

After 2 years of dragging my daughter around the globe since she was born, I thought it was about time to share the ups and downs of travelling with a baby. When I say "around the globe" I feel pretty confident that I've got some key destinations already covered - Hong Kong, London, New York, Carribean, Toronto, Thailand, Czech Republic, Italy, France, Malaysia, India, Austria...she's got more stamps in her passport than my grandfather (Opa) has ever had. Yes, that makes me proud. It also makes me battlescarred.

Travel with babies and toddlers is great fun. It is also rather different than travelling alone. While my little jet setter was in utero, she bounced around 10 countries in 6 months. It was a bit easier to pack for her for those trips, as it usually entailed a large milkshake and a suitcase of Reese's peanut butter cups.

Since she's entered this big crazy world, packing for her has been more challenging than packing for myself! Even more importantly - where could we go? Where should we not go? Should we (...gasp...shock...horror...) go on a package holiday? Should we give up the way we usually do things which marries the spontaneous with the luxurious? Was my life as a business and personal jet setter...sigh..over?

Dear God no. Anyone who tells you you can't travel with small children is wrong. There. I said it. They are just scared and there is no need to be.

Follow me: I'll help you remain a jet setter and retain your sanity.

Jet Set Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment